February 24, 2016
Product Upgrade – New SMD Direct Drive Mixers
We are pleased to announce the official Sales release of Grundfos new range of SMD Direct driven Mixers with effect from 08 January 2016.
Grundfos is a recognized leader for energy efficiency in the Wastewater market. The new SMD range will together with the gear-driven Mixers (SMG), Flowmakers (SFG), and Recirculation pumps (SRG), complete Grundfos new range of Agitator products for the WW treatment market. The new SMD mixer range extend and close an important gap in the performance range and starts with motor power less than 1kW. The well-known AMD.07 mixer is still available for even smaller and simpler applications.
The new direct driven SMD range is supporting the larger geared range perfectly in
solving mixing applications in WWTP, Industrial processes and Agriculture.
The new products all incorporate the following features:
1. High efficiency motors build on IE3 components (Premium efficiency)
2. Motor insulation according to Class F or H
3. All components exposed to the liquid is Stainless steel
4. Strong familiarity to the SE/SL Wastewater pumps by use of common components. Shaft seal cartridge, cable plug, leakage switch.
5. Oil condition leakage switch available in a large part of the range
6. Double thermal protection, PTO as standard, PTC as option
7. Quality improvements
8. Various installation possibilities
The products are developed for all markets, and cover motor powers between:
50Hz: SMD: 0,9-3,5kW
60Hz: SMD: 1,0-3,5kW
60Hz NAMREG SMD: 1,3-4,7Hp
·Wastewater treatment plants - in various sludge applications where the dry solids content is typical above 1.5 % and in biological or equalisation tanks
·Pumping stations, to avoid sedimentation and to flush the pump pit
·Industrial plants and processes for mixing liquids and chemicals
·Slurry tanks on farms and in biogas plants (special execution)